Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 27

Gatlinburg!

So I went to Gatlinburg, TN with some of the youth guys... What a trip!! We left on a Friday afternoon and between Jon driving without using the cruise control and his phone dieing (GPS on his phone was the only directions to the hotel) we arrived at 3:00 am Saturday morning. The guys left to go hiking on Mt LeConte at 7:30. There was one brave girl... Kelly one of the guys girlfriends, decided to take the challenge. She hung in there and did just as well, even better, than some of the guys. Those of us who hung back at the hotel accidentally slept until 10:30. What a waste! So we got up and walked the strip in Gatlinburg. It was so pretty and so cold!! Sunday was eventful! A few problems that the Lord graciously kept me strong through. We ended the night by going to Ober Gatlinburg and it was snowing. If you haven't been it's GREAT!! We rode the tram up the mountain and the guys went ice skating. We wanted to go snow tubing but we got there too late. (We are definitely going back girls!!) Monday morning we left the beautiful mountains and the snow falling. I feel he put me in a very strong leadership position on this trip, which was not my intentions, and it taught me a lot about being who 'I' really am no matter who is around. How important it is to be yourself and to stand for what you believe in. I have a different perspective for other people now and a different perspective on life. My new years resolution was to be more positive. I have learned it is better to think about what you are going to say, is it necessary or just to blow steam, is it uplifting or downgrading to someone, and I have found myself keeping quite a lot more than before. WOW I didn't realize how much my mouth said stuff that I didn't really mean reacting just on emotions... Chris is already tired of me but I am hoping to rub off on him a little bit!! =p

No comments: