Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, October 20

G is for Going non-stop

Do you ever feel like you are running around in circles, going here and there, doing this and that? It seems to be our life story. I thought it may slow down a little when we had Colby...but he is just pulled right along and we never miss a beat!! This weekend was one of those times. We started off Saturday morning walking for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation at Mayes Lake. It was a three mile walk plus the mile we had to walk to and from our car. I carried Colby half way on my back and then moved him to the front because he seemed to be sleepy but after the move he was wide awake and he did so good! He just smiled and flirted with everyone and enjoyed his FIRST WALK!!




We left there, ran an errand and then headed to home to walk atleast another mile in the Fun Run at the church. This time we strolled! It was such a pretty day to have all this going on. The carnival started after the Fun Run and we had so much fun. The youth were in charge of running the games which were face painting, pin the nose on the pumpkin, paint a pumpkin, balloon pop, egg toss, football throw, cake walk, wordless book, bobbing for apples, the dunking booth (where Chris and Matt thoroughly enjoyed being wet and cold) and the jail. After all the fun and games came the Trunk N Treat with lots of candy!! Then to top the night off we had a hay ride. To see all the families that showed up was so exciting and the kids were priceless. Colby got to wear his first Halloween costume! I must say, if there had been a contest he would have been the cutest!!




Sunday after church we had a youth committee meeting that Chris obviously couldn't miss. So we headed off to cousin Bailey's birthday party. It was so nice to visit with everyone. And you should have seen all the pretty baby dolls she got! They are going to have lots of fun!! I got to thinking about Colby's first birthday and I don't want to rush it, but I can't wait!!




We had to then rush back to church for Dinner and a Movie...Swiss Family Robinson. And we had our business meeting and voted in the Pastor Search Committee. An exciting step forward! To end the weekend, I got a call that one of the doctors I work for was riding his bike and was hit head on by a car. He is now in the ICU with ONLY a few broken bones in his right arm and right hand. A lot of pain and soreness of course, but a miracle that he is still here thanks to lots of prayer and our AMAZING Lord who is in control of all things. Now I am sitting here thinking of how fast life goes by, how we live our lives going non-stop, 90 to nothing and never know whats ahead. Does God intend on us to live our lives like this? I think not. I am going to try and slow down a little, enjoy each day one by one and make the most of the time I have with my family before I look back and see what I could have done or should have done...

1 comment:

Heather said...

just what I needed to hear today!!!