Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 22

H is for Home Sweet Home

I have to catch up, Heather is so far ahead of me!!


Home? What do you think of if someone asked about your home. Well, for me the first thought would be my house. I used to live in a trailer, some called the Love Shack and now I live in a small, brick house. I always wanted a big house, one I could build and design myself... Now I am thinking a little different. This house that I describe is my home, not just my house.

My home...my safe haven. This is a place where my family lives, sleeps, eats, etc. We feel safe and comfortable here. This is what Colby knows as his home and where he will grow up feeling safe. It doesn't really matter what it looks like or how big it is. When someone walks in, it may not be spotless and perfectly clean (although I try real hard to make it that way constantly) but it's always our home. Our homes describes who we are by how we decorate, what's laying around and even how busy we are! I would hope that when someone enters the door they feel the love that our family shares for each other and for them. Maybe one day I can relax on the cleaning obsession!! Our home is open to friends and family. Some of the youth even consider it their second home. I have a basket full of clothes that have been left after all the mud ridin' expeditions, I am sure they have to be missed!! It's a place to get away from everyday life, a place to relax. Movie nights, small talk, llooonnnnggggg talks, sleep overs, and so much more. Sometimes I forget about all these things...I walk in from work and start that 90 to nothing cleaning spree, thinking I can clean my whole house to my expectations and cook supper and spend time with Colby and Chris...YEAH RIGHT!! It's a vicsous never ending cycle! LOL So my challenge to everyone would be to think about your HOME, not your house, and consider the important things that make it your home...I am going to try more and more everyday to enjoy the time I have in my home while I slow down from going 90 to nothing (previous blog)!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

what do they say...it isn't a home unless you can write "I Love you" in the dust....